InnoGeo Ltd. in consortium with the Municipality of Mórahalom, REKK Foundation for Regional Energy and Infrastructure Policy Cooperation and MATÁSZSZ Hungarian Association of Hungarian District Heating Providers, submitted a tender for the call for proposals 3.1.3-ZFR-TEFH. The application received a grant on 15 January 2020. The total eligible cost of the project is 414,000EUR, InnoGeo Ltd received 115.000EUR funding.
The general objective of the Decarbonized Mórahalom – geothermal based sustainable, combined green energy pilot project for small settlements is to implement an innovative pilot in the City of Mórahalom, which will serve as a consumer-friendly, secure, environmentally and financially sustainable supply model for settlements with a population of 5-10 thousand.
The objectives of the development are:
1. supplying the significantly increased local heat market demand from geothermal sources;
2. integration of the planned new geothermal system with two other thermal water-based district heating systems operating in the City (“Hunyadi Liget” Geothermal Cascade System and “Norwegian” Geothermal Utility System);
3. diversification of renewable energy production through re-injection of thermal water and expansion of photovoltaic energy production capacity;
4. building a significant technical knowledge base through the implementation of R&D tasks a) utilization of gases generated in thermal wells, b) intelligent control of the integrated district heating system, and c) hydrological, hydrodynamic and geochemical studies of water production and injection;
5. development and replication of a heat service demonstration project for a prosumer partnership suitable for wide replication.